Safeguard your valuable investment with reliable homeowners insurance in New York.
For most of us, our home is our most valuable financial asset. Naturally, you will want to protect is as best you can. After all, it is a vulnerable asset and all it takes is one fire, storm, burglary, or flood to cause complete destruction. Fortunately, homeowners insurance in New York works hard to actively defend your home and finances against common risks, giving you the peace of mind that you’re adequately protected.
What does home insurance cover?
Homeowners insurance is designed to provide financial protection against disasters. A standard home insurance policy insured your home and the personal property you keep inside it. However, it also addresses the damage done to your home as well as liability responsibility for damages you cause to other people. A typical policy covers the following:
- Dwelling: This portion of your home insurance pays if your house is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Other Structures: Helps to pay for damage done to structures not attached to your house such as detached garages, fences, and storage sheds.
- Personal Property: Helps to pay for items in your house (such as furniture, clothing, electronics) if they are damaged, stolen or destroyed.
- Personal Liability: This part of your insurance will pay to defend you in court against lawsuits and provides coverage if you are found legally responsible for someone else’s injury or property damage.
- Loss of Use: If your home is uninhabitable for some time after a covered loss, your insurance will help to pay for temporary housing, food, and other essential expenses.
There are additional riders available for:
- High-value items
- Earthquake damage
- Flood damage
Customizable homeowners insurance solutions can give you peace of mind regarding the security of your family’s safe haven. Contact the team at Northeastern Group to get started on homeowners insurance in New York and beyond.